Tuesday, June 14, 2011

AIN’T NO CHEESE LIKE GOVERNMENT CHEESE

As most of my friends know by now, I am a pretty conservative person, and have been since my late teen years. I have always also always believed that we should have systems in place to assist those who are poor and disenfranchised however, sometimes I see things that are so outrageous they make me want to shut down every safety net ever created and leave all those folks on their own without any help from government or anyone else.  This article is about a couple of those outrages.
So, I’m watching Judge Joe Brown one day last week, and there’s this guy being sued by his ex girlfriend for a cell phone bill that he’s run up to over a thousand dollars, and no that’s not the outrage.  As the case goes on, Judge Joe is asking this lazy A-Hole if he works to which he replies; No, I get SSI.  For those of you not familiar with SSI, it stands for Supplemental Security Income, which is the government’s term for Disability payments to people who by all accounts should be disabled to the point that they cannot work and care for themselves.  However, I digress.  Judge Joe then says to the guy, you get SSI? To which he replies yes, I have trouble reading.  Judge Joe says you have trouble reading, what kind of disability is that? To which the guy replies, well I get some words mixed up.  By now, Judge Joe and I are about to leap out of our skins!  I was so angry that I thought my head might actually explode.  So, here I am a good American tax payer, watching some smuck on national TV who by all accounts could be working at something, but NOOOO, he’s collecting SSI and you and I are paying that Butt Hole not to work, un-F___ing Believable.
I have also recently encountered a “Grown Ass Man” who is perfectly capable of working who is collecting $200 per month in Food Stamps.  Get this folks he was approved because he works for a Temp Agency, which in some communities make you eligible for public assistance like the Food Stamp Program. Yes, and you get to pay for that too.
I personally know a young woman (age 32) who had a massive stroke while at work back in December of last year, who’s vocabulary is now limited to the word “OH”.  This woman has to be taught to read, write and perform all of the other functions of daily life, and thus she’s not able to take care of herself.   In the meantime, her benefits from her job have been cut off, so now she has no income, Health Insurance or Disability Income.  You would think that a person like this would be able to easily get SSI right? Nope, it seems that our government is so busy giving aid to people like the two dopes described above that she’s been waiting almost six months, and she still hasn’t been approved.  And they wonder why so few have any faith in government.
When I was growing up, there used to be government trucks that would sometimes go into under prividgledged neighborhoods and hand out things like Cheese, Powered Milk and mostly Stale Bread.  My mom and her sisters used to joke when they saw people running to get in line at these trucks by saying “Ain’t No Cheese like Government Cheese”.  People really loved getting that free food, and yes some of them didn’t really need it, but they took it anyway.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used my mom’s phrase over the years to describe people sucking on the tit of government, but SSI system make the old school Welfare Queens look like saints.  I’ve discovered that there are people on SSI because they drink too much to hold a job (say what?), some have drug problems, so clearly they can’t work either, and yes many are homeless, but don’t worry, you and I are paying for Post Office Boxes so that they can have their checks delivered.  What a great country!!
My purpose isn’t to say that we should stop helping those in need, however there has to be a better way.  It seems that the people who know the system well enough to abuse it are the only ones getting help under the current system, and that has to stop.   We have to somehow work out a system that identifies those truly in need and weed out the frauds taking advantage of the system, thus taking advantage of you and I, the American Tax Payer.
Now, I'm Just Sayin, Let's Help the Needy, not the Greedy.

2 comments:

April said...

I've been saying this forever...to me when it comes to mothers on welfare there should be a limit to how many children you can have because it seems that they continue to have children when they can't take care of the ones they got and using the system...so I"m with you 100%...

Sherita Johnson said...

Best one yet! I had this discussion with friends a few weeks ago. The system is in place for a reason & definitely serves a purpose. I've been in they system but used it for what'd I call a reasonable amount of time (1 1/2 years) got on my feet & never looked back. It pisses me off that my hard earned money is going to take care of lazy ass women that keep having babies just so they don't have to work, thugs & hoodlums claiming they are disabled but can screw to populated the world & sit on their butts all day doing nothing. Now don't get me wrong for those that truly need it please use it! I have a girlfriend who worked all her life until age 33 when her multiple sclerosis flamed up & it took them a year to approve her & to top it off she has been a productive member of society paying taxes until she could no longer work & gets less money than these jokers that have never worked. I'm not a George W Bush fan by any means but one thing he did do is bring order & reform to the Texas welfare system. President Obama & those other Washington clowns need to add this to their adgenda so middle class hard working folks like me can get a little tax relief & stop taking care of the dead beat do nothin ass people out there. IM JUST SAYIN! #republucanstateofmind!