Wednesday, March 2, 2011

POLICE AMERICA, NOT THE WORLD

Well folks I have avoided controversy until now, but you had to know that wouldn't last.  I know that some of you will disagree with today's blog, but this is something that simply has to be said, so here goes:-)

I'm driving home from work today, listening to the news, and what do I hear? A couple of idiot congressmen talking about the US (that's us) establishing a No Fly Zone in Lybia, I almost drove off the road.  Didn't we learn our lesson with Saddam?  Listen, I don't want Gadhafi killing people any more than those congressmen do, however Lybia is not our problem. We have plenty of problems to solve in this country.  How about this; if our congress wants to stop senseless killing in the streets, let's start stopping the violence in our cities, let's stop selling guns to nut cases who go into the streets and open fire on innocent by standers, and while we're at it, let's stop police officers from routinely gunning down unarmed young Black and Hispanic men. Yep, that's what I said! Now I know that there are those of you who will say "well they shouldn't be committing crimes", and to you I say; this isn't the old west where the police get to be Judge, Jury and Executioner.  If the cops start killing young white kids, you would be marching on Washington and any place else that you felt like marching.  The truth is, these people are committing crimes, they are rarely prosecuted, and when they are, they either get off Scot free, or with a slap on the wrist. 

Our politicians always want to set us up as the world's Morals Police, we go all over the world trying to tell other people how to run their countries, and how they should treat their citizens.  I spent seven years in the United States Army, prepared to give my life for my country, and still would even today, yet there are places where I can't go without being stopped by the police and harassed, because to them I'm somehow out of place.  I was born and raised in this country, and shouldn't have to tense up if I see a police car in my rear view mirror, yet that's exactly the case.  If congress wants to get involved in human rights violations, start with your own citizens, once you've cleaned that up you can think about expanding to other countries.

Please don't get it twisted, I love my country, but there are days when I have to stop and ask, what the hell are we doing?  Leave people in other countries to handle their own problems! We're so broke that we're cutting programs for babies and senior citizens, we don't have enough money to pay our teachers, fire fighters and police, yet we are still using "Foreign Aid" to try and bribe people in other countries so that we can tell them  how they run their country.  The Mopes in our congress have run our country into a ditch that it will take years to get out of, and now they want to start another war, as though the two wars that we have going already aren't enough! 

I say that unless the President and every member of Congress is willing to send at least 1 immediate family member into war, there can be no  "No Fly Zone" in Lybia or any place. Let's put the money being spent on war towards the deficit from now on!

2 comments:

Shipley said...

Well, as you might expect, I don't necessarily agree with the piece about the police, but we certainly have no business in Libya. One of the biggest reasons we're spawning Islamic extremism is our presence in the Middle East, not only Iraq and Afghanistan, but bases in Saudi Arabia, etc.

For some reason, the bums in Congress, particularly the Democrats, are obsessed with worry about how other countries view us. Who gives a damn? We've spent billions over the years and spilled blood for them and they hate us just the same. The next time there's a famine or flood or tsunami, let the United Nations handle it. If they don't release Davis in Pakistan, I'd cut every nickel (billions) and send their cab drivers back.

Frankly, I'm sick of the Middle East and the problems they cause. Let Libya have its civil war. There's no guarantee that who follows will be any better than Qadafi.

Anonymous said...

I think the solution in the middle east is to make it one big land fill for New York city. And while a barge is heading over there it can swing up the Potomac and pick up a few of are illustrious leaders of both political persuasions.

Law enforcement should honor freedom and not harass anyone. Unfortunately that is not always the case. Although.... Isreal is a very safe country and by far one of the safest airlines and airports in the world. They accomplish this through profiling.