Monday, January 17, 2011

DAD WAS RIGHT-TV IS AN IDIOT BOX

When I was a kid about 7 or 8 years old, my brother and I were watching Gun Smoke on tv.  My dad came in from work and asked if our homework was done, and of course it wasn't.  Dad promptly turned the tv off and banished us to our room and as we walked away, he said "If you keep watching that Idiot Box your brain will stop working".  While I don't think that's happened to me yet, I am reasonably sure that much of America have turned into idiots and fools watching tv.  Let me give you some examples.

Have you seen what's on tv? I'm Just Sayin, the cable chanels are loaded with shows like Basketball Wives, Housewives of Atlanta, DC, Beverly Hills, and who knows who the next house wife on tv will be.  How did people like Hannity and Beck get on tv? My mother used to say that for some people, ignorance is bliss, well if that's true the people who listen to those two fools must be extreamly blissful.  I wish it ended there, but the fools on the left are just as nuts! Don't believe me, try listening to Arijana Huffington or Keith Olbermann.  When the best thing on tv is Deadly Women and I Almost Got Away With It, yep we're in trouble. 

The cable company called and said hey what you need is HBO and Skin A Max for $6 each, so I figured why not it get's me away from the other crap.  Truth is that's worse than what's on regular tv, same movies over and over. Six bucks, they should charge 6 cents and give refunds if you don't watch more than 1 movie per month.  Now that's a great idea! I guess I could watch the Biggest Loser, or one of those dance shows, at least that would earn me some points with my wife.

Well enough for now, I think I'll go back to reading my book, my wife is watching the Atlanta Housewives, and their giving me a serious headache.  Yep, dad was right, TV is an Idiot Box!

Hey, "I'm Just Sayin"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I agree totally with you...I get my entertainment from sports and crime shows like first 48 otherwise it is a whole lotta jibberish on TV. And basketball wives has got to be even more ghetto than housewives of ATL...fightin' over admitting you've seen a foodstamp??? WTH????? You have got to be jivin'{throwback word from the 70's}

Anonymous said...

The bigger idiot - video games! That's why junior and company are 30% body fat and look like casper the friendly ghost because they haven't been outside after school doing some physical actitivty. Let me qualify that. They may be outside chasing little suzy but since she can out run them and they wouldn't know what to do if they caught her they go back in the house and play video games! and I'm just sayin!